Pant-Teg is an ideal base to relax and enjoy the tranquil peace of the countryside and yet within easy driving distance, along peaceful scenic country lanes, to the many attractions that the surrounding area has to offer. Just click on the links in green and they will take you to the relevant websites.
Our own village is Llanfair Clydogau. We are 5 miles from Tregaron and 6 miles from Lampeter
Discover Carmarthenshire gives details of villages, towns and so much more!
- Birdwatching: The nature reserves of Cors Caron (the world's largest upland bog), Dinas , Ynys Hir. RSPB , Nant Yr Arian (Red Kite feeding)
- Walking: From rambling to the more demanding walks, both countryside and Coastal.
- Horse-riding: The heartland of Welsh cob breeding. Monthly horse sales at Llanybydder, trotting races at Tregaron.
Saddletramps for day out rides
- Cycling: From cycles to mountain bikes to motorbikes.On or off road tracks. Nant-Yr-Arian forest, Rheidol and many other trails.
- Canoeing: On the Teifi and see the famous coracle men of Cenarth.
- Fishing: There are numerous stocked pools for coarse and fly fishing in the area. Several angling associations authorise fishing on the River Teifi. Permits may be purchased at the Post Office. Tregaron Angling New Quay - West Wales fishing
- Golf: Cilgwyn golf club at Llangybi (4 miles)
- The Coast: Ceredigion's 52 mile coastline with safe, sandy beaches, spectacular walks, aquariums, marine life, dolphins and seals, stretches from Cardigan to Aberystwyth - 23 miles away, a university town and thriving arts centre.
- Houses & Gardens: National Botanic Gardens of Wales, Aberglasney ("a garden lost in time"), Cae Hir Gardens, Llanerchaeron (house & garden).
- Historic Sites: Such as the Roman goldmine at Pumpsaint - 10 miles.
- Arts & Crafts: Woollen mills, potteries. galleries and shops in Lampeter with Jen Jones Quilts, Calico Kate
- Railways: Rheidol railway from Aberystwyth to Devil's Bridge and several other small gauge trains